Tue, 15 December 2020 3:40
It is projected that increased regulatory approvals and the launch of technologically innovative diagnostic tools will be the prominent factors that promote demand growth over the forecast era. For example, Beckman Coulter Inc., a wholly-owned Danaher Corporation subsidiary, received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. in April 2019. This measure is a cellular biomarker developed to help healthcare professionals classify patients with sepsis or at high risk for disease progression.
Besides, Sysmex Corporation, headquartered in Japan, unveiled its latest HISCL Presepsin Assay Kit in August 2018 to evaluate levels of presepsin, the principal test parameter for bacterial sepsis. This kit is designed to achieve early diagnosis of bacterial sepsis with high precision compared to conventional biomarkers.
Sepsis Alliance, a non-profit group, sponsored "It's About TIME" in June 2018, a national campaign to increase awareness about rapid diagnosis and illness care. It is expected that such initiatives by different organizations will raise awareness of the disease and increase the demand for its diagnostic solutions. Therefore, a favorable climate for market growth is supposed to be developed.
Got questions about your regional growth of
Sepsis Diagnostics Market?
Just drop us a line or call on +1 646 480 7505
- The global sepsis diagnostics market was valued at USD 426 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at 8.4% CAGR during the forecast study period.
- In terms of product, in 2019, the blood culture media segment accounted for the maximum revenue share due to the surged use of blood culture media. It is the standard method for the diagnosis of sepsis across the globe.
- The microbiology segment accounted for the largest revenue share in terms of technology and is expected to hold its dominance over the forecast period. This is due to the fact that microbiology allows the quantitative detection and identification of microorganisms through the application of blood culture media tests.
- In terms of the pathogen, the bacterial sepsis segment held the largest revenue share and is likely to hold its dominance over the estimated period owing to its high prevalence.
- In terms of testing type, the laboratory testing segment is estimated to grow rapidly over the forecast period due to the escalating number of blood culture tests being conducted in laboratories.
- North America held a dominant position in revenue and is anticipated to hold its dominance over the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rising, rising prevalence of sepsis, growing incidence of hospital-acquired infections, rapid adoption of high-end sepsis diagnostics devices, and mounting government support for sepsis-related research.
- Some of the major key players operating in this market comprise Becton, Dickinson, and Company; bioMérieux SA; Sysmex Corporation; F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG; Beckman Coulter, Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Cepheid Inc.; Bruker Corporation, Nanosphere, Inc., and Abbott.
- In September 2019, T2 Biosystems launched T2 Resistance Panel.
- In December 2018, BioMérieux (France) received FDA approval for BPA and BPN used with BACT/ALERT VIRTUO for quality control testing of platelets.
Sepsis Diagnostics Market Segmentation
- Blood culture media
- Assay kits and reagents
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Flow Cytometry
- Bacterial Sepsis
- Fungal Sepsis
By Testing Type
- Laboratory Testing
- PoC Testing
- North America
- Central and South America and the Caribbean
- The Middle-East and Africa
" Crucial Insights The Report Provides:"
* Known and Unknown Adjacencies Influencing the Growth of Market
* Explorable Revenue Sources
* Customer Behaviour Analysis
* Target Partners
* Customized Geographical Data Based on Customers as well as Competitors
* Analysis of Market Size and CAGR between the Forecast Periods
View Full Report Buy This Report Now