Mon, 06 April 2020 4:57
Personal protective equipment (PPE) refers to equipment such as goggles, helmets, or other products designed to protect the body from infection or injury. It is used to protect the user from hazards such as physical harm, extreme temperatures, chemicals, electrical charge, airborne particulate matter, and biohazards. PPE can also be worn for defense in sports and recreational purposes.
Advanced & Ergonomically Designed PPE: The Future of Worker Safety
PPE creates a barrier between the wearer and the work environment, and thus, the wearer may experience some stress and discomfort. Bulkier PPE may even impair the person's ability to perform tasks. Ergonomically designed PPE eliminates these obstacles and helps ensure optimal protection and safe work conditions. Thus, technological advancement is a key factor driving the development of the personal protective equipment market.
Awareness about Worker Safety & Related Regulations: The Foremost Factors Driving Sales
Growing awareness about occupational health plays a key role in the global demand for PPE. Rapid industrialization, foreign investment inflow, and stringent government regulations that target worker safety also contribute to the demand for PPE globally. The regulatory frameworks in many countries, particularly developed ones, mandate employers to equip their employees with the necessary PPE in certain environments.
Got questions about your regional growth of
Personal Protective Equipment Market?
Just drop us a line or call on +1 646 480 7505
Customization for Comfort, Safety, & Even Style: Upcoming Trends in the PPE Market
Customization of safety measures in PPE and the incorporation of eco-friendly materials are the key trends in the PPE market. Comfortable and fashionable PPE, such as goggles, extra featured fire wear, and sophisticated protective footwear, are some of the products observed to be gaining traction in recent years.
- The global personal protective equipment market is expected to record a high growth rate, against a backdrop of healthy demand from various industrial sections.
- North America is expected to lead the market, fueled by a strong regulatory landscape, increasing industrialization and urbanization, and personal safety concerns.
- In terms of the end-use industry, manufacturing dominates the market on account of increasing manufacturing activities in many developing economies, coupled with the regulations that compel manufacturers to equip their workers with PPE as per the working environment.
- Among the segment by type, respiratory protection is expected to hold the lion's share of the market, which is attributable to the emergence of chronic infectious diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) that necessitate the use of respiratory protection equipment to curb the spread of infection. Respiratory protection equipment is also used in industries to protect workers from the toxic gases and chemicals used or released in different processes.
- The U.S.-based PPE manufacturer Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) has developed V-Gard GREEN Hard Hat, which is made of 95% bio-based materials and accredited by the U.S. Department of Agriculture as a 'bio-based' PPE. Primarily made of ethanol extracted from sugarcane, these helmets are made from a biopolymer called Green High-Density Polyethylene (GHDPE). Headgears of such make can be discarded without harming the environment.
- In April 2019, Honeywell International Inc. acquired Norcross Safety products LLC, a manufacturer of personal protective equipment (PPE), for approximately USD 1.2 billion. This acquisition is expected to provide Honeywell a complete platform to yield substantial growth opportunities in the PPE market.
Personal Protective Equipment Market Segmentation
- Hands and Arm Protection
- Disposable gloves
- Sterile gloves
- Chemical handling gloves
- Durable gloves
- Thermal/flame retardant gloves
- Mechanical gloves
- Protective Clothing
- Clean room clothing
- Heat and flame protection
- Mechanical protective clothing
- Foot and Leg Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Air-purifying respirators
- Supplied air respirators
- Eye and Face Protection
- Head Protection
By End-Use Industry
- Oil and Gas
- North America
- The Middle East and Africa
- South America
" Crucial Insights The Report Provides:"
* Known and Unknown Adjacencies Influencing the Growth of Market
* Explorable Revenue Sources
* Customer Behaviour Analysis
* Target Partners
* Customized Geographical Data Based on Customers as well as Competitors
* Analysis of Market Size and CAGR between the Forecast Periods
View Full Report Buy This Report Now