Sun, 07 June 2020 10:05
Rising adoption of connected and automated operations by various airports across the globe drives the smart airport market. The automated processes include smart luggage drop, automated check-ins, and smart baggage tracking, among others. Rising air passenger traffic is compelling the airport operators to adopt advanced technologies, such as fingerprint readers, smart cards, and smartphone applications. Smartphone-based applications help passengers to leverage real-time data, including arrival time, gate number, and terminal direction, among others.
Recently, the International Air Transport Association collaborated with Eurocontrol to deploy the Airport Collaborative Decision Making (A-CDM) system, which employs advanced mobile technologies to enhance the operational efficiency of the airports. However, the rapid spread of coronavirus is reducing air traffic owing to the lockdown and strict regulations imposed by various governments, further hampering the market growth.
Got questions about your regional growth of
Smart Airport Market?
Just drop us a line or call on +1 646 480 7505
- The passenger, cargo, & baggage ground handling control segment is projected to hold the highest shares in the market. The system is gaining traction among the customers as it offers self-scanning and its direct transfer to the end-point terminal.
- The non-aeronautical segment is projected to grow with the highest CAGR in the coming years owing to the rising investments in automation of the airfield ecosystem.
- The airside location segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period. The rapid adoption of various advanced technologies drives segment growth.
- Asia-Pacific is considered to be the fastest-growing region in the smart airport market due to the presence of emerging economies such as India, Singapore, and China. The International Air Transport Authority (IATA) revealed that India ranks nine in terms of aviation industry ranking.
- Amadeus IT Group SA (Spain)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (The U.S.)
- Collins Aerospace (The U.S.)
- Honeywell International Inc. (The U.S.)
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (China)
- IBM Corporation (The U.S.)
- Indra Sistemas, S.A. (Spain)
- Sabre Corp. (The U.S.)
- Siemens AG (Germany)
- SITA (Switzerland)
- Thales Group (France)
Smart Airport Market: Segmentation
- Security systems
- Communication systems
- Passenger, cargo, & baggage ground handling control
- Air/ground traffic control
- Aeronautical operations
- Non-Aeronautical operations
- Terminal side
- The U.K.
- The Czech Republic
- The Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- The Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Rest of South America
The Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- The UAE
- Saudi Arabia
- The Rest of MEA
" Crucial Insights The Report Provides:"
* Known and Unknown Adjacencies Influencing the Growth of Market
* Explorable Revenue Sources
* Customer Behaviour Analysis
* Target Partners
* Customized Geographical Data Based on Customers as well as Competitors
* Analysis of Market Size and CAGR between the Forecast Periods
View Full Report Buy This Report Now