Tue, 09 June 2020 3:59
Globally, the rising number of surgical procedures is driving the demand for surgical masks. N95 is the most commonly used surgical masks to prevent surgeons from exposure to pathogens by filtering at least 95% of the airborne particles. In light of favorable government regulations and policies, the adoption rate of surgical masks such as N95 is projected to witness a rise.
Recently, the FDA approved Battelle’s process that decontaminates N95 masks to address the rising demand for masks due to the coronavirus outbreak. The Battelle’s uses a vapor phase hydrogen peroxide process to decontaminate the masks used by the healthcare providers. The rising prevalence of COVID-19 worldwide has resulted in a drastic shortage of surgical masks for healthcare professionals. The increasing purchase rate of surgical masks by the local population has decelerated the availability of masks for healthcare professionals.
Got questions about your regional growth of
Surgical Masks Market?
Just drop us a line or call on +1 646 480 7505
- Ø The surgical masks market was valued at USD 73.1 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period, 2020–
- Ø Currently, the USFDA proposed recommendations to tackle the scarcity of surgical masks, which includes that the surgical masks should meet the CDC and ANSI standards for fluid resistance and bacterial filtration inefficiency.
- Ø The FDA is collaborating with the manufacturers of surgical masks to improve the current supply chain related to the COVID-19 outbreak and prevent a widespread shortage of masks.
- Ø The FDA has proposed a contingency capacity strategy for the surgical masks. It states that during limited access to the surgical masks, the healthcare providers can continue to wear the same masks. On the other hand, gloves and gowns should be replaced before treating patients.
- Ø In Asia-Pacific, India is projected to gain traction in the surgical masks market due to the high geriatric population rate and rising prevalence of infectious diseases
- 3M Company
- Thea-Tex Healthcare (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Medicare Hygiene Limited
- Z Plus Disposable
- Cartel Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
- Premium Health Care Disposables Private Limited
- Mediblue Health Care Private Limited.
- Plasti Surge Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Medline Industries Inc.
- Kwalitex Healthcare Private Limited
- Shree Medicare Products
- Salus Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Good health Inc.
- Gaurav SanjivaniTechnicals
- Jullundur Enterprises
- Neelkanth Healthcare (P) Ltd.
- Masmed Medical Devices
- Ø Medline Industries Inc. developed CURAD BioMask Antiviral Isolation Mask, the Cleanroom and Controlled Environmental Face Masks, and Bulk Packaged Face Masks to expand its product portfolio.
Surgical Masks Market: Segmentation
- Basic surgical masks
- Anti-fog surgical masks
- Fluid/Splash surgical masks
- N95 masks
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital and clinics
- Drug stores
- Online stores
- North America
- South America
- The Middle East and Africa
" Crucial Insights The Report Provides:"
* Known and Unknown Adjacencies Influencing the Growth of Market
* Explorable Revenue Sources
* Customer Behaviour Analysis
* Target Partners
* Customized Geographical Data Based on Customers as well as Competitors
* Analysis of Market Size and CAGR between the Forecast Periods
View Full Report Buy This Report Now